The Castle Record
Protecting Americans at Home and Abroad
- Fought for increased funding for rail and port security.
- Pushed for reform of intelligence community to improve communication.
- Led effort to renew semi-automatic assault weapons ban to reduce crime.
- Supported funding to ensure troop stability and military missions abroad.
- Worked to maintain Dover Air Force Base as nation's premier air mobility command base.
Returning Fiscal Discipline to Washington D.C.
- Led effort to cut deficit and return to a balanced budget.
- Pushed for budget process simplification to improve transparency.
- Worked to reduce unecessary pork barrel and special interest spending.
Protecting Delaware's Environmental Treasures
- Supported efforts to increase conservation and use of alternative fuels.
- Worked with agriculture officials to fight avian influenza in Kent Sussex and secure increase federal dollars.
- Working to develop recreational opportunities along C & D Canal.
- Secured funding for Delmarva Conservation Corridor.
Helping Delaware Families - Taxes and Healthcare
- Led effort to increase child tax credit for middle and low-income families.
- Voted to repeal the marriage tax penalty.
- Worked to reduce cost of prescription drugs for seniors.
- Spearheaded bipartisan effort to expand stem cell research in an effort to fund cures for chronic diseases.
- Fought to increase funding for K-12 education programs to historic levels.
- Secured federal flexibility for the implementation of No Child Left Behind.
- Wrote law to improve nutrition in schools and reduce childhood obesity.
- Led effort to improve early childhood education for low-income children.
Working Hard for Delaware
- Obtained funding for the University of Delaware to establish Early Learning Center.
- Supported restoring beach replenishment funding.
- Secured federal funding for Delaware nursing schools.
- Led effort to shore up financial and political support for Amtrak.
- Partnered with medical community to create statewide electronic health system.